Conference Assistant Qualifications - 2014
The Office of Residence Life reserves the right to dismiss a conference assistant at any time if the staff member fails to meet any of the qualifications or fails to fulfill his/her responsibilities.
- Full-time employment goes from April 26, 2014 through August 23, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants must commit to the entire duration of the employment period.
- Conference assistants may move into their rooms on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Conference assistants must be available for desk training in April and be available to work Women's Conference as scheduled. Desk and FERPA training will be scheduled at the employee's convenience during the last two weeks of Winter Semester 2014 (April 1-26, 2014).
- Must be BYU students enrolled for Fall Semester 2014.
- Do not need to be in enrolled in classes for Spring Term 2014 or Summer Term 2014, but may attend classes (up to a maximum enrollment of four (4) credit hours per term), providing classes do not conflict with employment duties. Classes should be scheduled between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. with the approval of management.
- Must abide by the Honor Code, the Dress and Grooming Standards, and the Housing Guidelines.
- Must have good interpersonal and public relations skills and be customer-service oriented.
- Should have excellent time-management skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be single students.
- Are required to attend student check-in training on Friday, April 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m.
- Are required to attend Women's Conference training, desk training, and building prep (April 28 - May 3, 2014).
- Are required to attend additional training sessions during the month of May (dates are yet to be determined).
- Are guaranteed 30 employment hours per week, but may be scheduled and required to work up to 40 hours per week depending on individual conference needs.
- Must be available to work scheduled hours--schedules may be subject to last-minute changes!
- Will be expected to work on holidays, i.e. Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc.
- May be required to transport themselves to Wyview Park for job responsibilities.
- Will be required to perform physical tasks, i.e. taking out trash, climbing stairs, moving beds, etc.
- Scheduling for conference assistants may vary from week to week according to conference needs; consequently, Conference Assistants must remain flexible to schedule changes.
- Conference assistants may not accept other positions or make commitments that interfere with their employment responsibilities, including additional employment, traveling performing groups, etc.
- During Women's Conference and at times when a Residence Hall may be used for a different gender, conference assistants may be asked to stay temporarily in another hall or On-Campus Housing area.
- Conference assistants will be scheduled for on-call responsibilities. While on-call, conference assistants are not restricted to the premises but must be available to respond to guests' needs.
- Spring/summer 2014 compensation includes room, meal plan, plus an hourly wage of $7.25.