The University is a private institution and does not allow residents to use apartment addresses for business purposes. You must submit a written request to the Housing Review Board for approval to obtain a Provo City business license, and, if approved, you will be required to obtain a Post Office box to receive correspondence. Supplies or materials cannot be stored in or distributed from the apartments. This policy applies to businesses such as Mary Kay®, Discovery Toys®, Tupperware®, Pampered Chef®, day care, tutoring, music lessons, and any other form of business.
Residents must abide by the following guidelines regarding guests:
- The Student Family Housing program is not designed for guests who intend to stay for extended periods of time. Guests are welcome at any time for visits of two weeks or less per semester.
- Guests must adhere to all BYU standards during the course of their visit. Residents are obligated to inform their guests of this responsibility.
- Residents are responsible for their guests and any damages that may result from their visit.
- Residents must be present during their guests' stay; residents may not have guests stay in their apartment during the residents' absence.
- Guest's animals are not permitted in the apartment. There is a $50 per animal per day charge for unauthorized animals and rental agreements may be subject to termination.
- There is a $40 per person per night charge for unapproved extended-visit guests.
Insects, Rodents & Pest Control
After you have made every effort to solve an insect or pest infestation, if the problem persists, contact Auxiliary Maintenance personnel at 801-422-4411. They will arrange assistance from a professional company that comes once a week.
Lawns & Planting
The University Physical Plant is responsible for landscaping, planting, and maintaining the grounds at Student Family Housing. Residents are not permitted to plant flowers, shrubs, vegetables, etc. around their individual apartments. Small potted plants may be placed on balconies or landings, provided they sit on the ground. Plants may not hang outward over the balcony or landing railings.
The BYU Grounds Department will mow and trim lawns on a weekly rotation basis. Please take extra care to make certain your family's toys, bicycles, etc. are removed from the lawn area.
Do not engage in any activities that would harm the landscaping. Cars, trailers, trucks, etc. are not to be driven on the lawn areas at any time. Golf practice is not allowed in the housing area at any time.