Services & Amenities
Laundry Facilities | Parking & Transportation | Recreation & Play Areas | Storage | Utilities
There are basements available for use in each quad in South Wymount Terrace (except Quad 3). Basements can only be reserved between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. for up to three hours. Basements can be scheduled 30 days in advance. Tenants reserving the basement are responsible to clean up (put away chairs, remove garbage, etc.). If the basement is left dirty, a charge will be added to the tenant's student account. Call the Wymount Office at least 48 hours in advance to schedule a basement. Basements cannot be used for business events or to watch movies. Red punch is not allowed in the basements.
Community Aides are Student Family Housing residents chosen to help promote a sense of belonging to their respective communities. The Community Aides provide assistance to you by providing the following services:
- Let you into your apartment if you are locked out.
- Provide you with fire lane access.
- Provide vacuums, brooms, and plungers for checkout with a photo ID.
- Assist in after-hour emergencies. Concerns (maintenance, community disturbances, crimes, and medical) should be reported immediately to your Community Aide.
If you do not know who your Community Aide is, please contact the area office. Community Aides are not responsible for interpreting university or housing procedures or guidelines. If you have any questions regarding these items, please contact management at your area office.
Wymount Terrace & Wyview Park Offices
The Student Family Housing Offices provide several services. Residents may:
- Make rental payments. You may pay with cash, check, or credit card. Payments will be accepted until 4:30 p.m.
- Purchase postage stamps (cash only).
- Use a photocopier for $0.05 per page.
- Send and receive faxes. There is a $0.50 fee per page to send or receive a fax. For long distance faxing there will be an additional $0.15 charge for each minute that it takes to send the fax. This will be in addition to the $0.50 fee per page.
- Receive a copy of the Student Family Housing newsletter, other literature, and special offers available to tenants (posted on bulletin board outside door).
- Borrow or rent a vacuum cleaner. Vacuums may be checked out overnight at no charge. You will need to bring your photo ID and sign the vacuum out. If vacuums are not returned within 24 hours, a $1.00 charge will be assessed per day to your student account until the vacuum is returned. If borrowed on a Friday evening, the vacuum will need to be returned by the following Monday morning no later than 9:00 a.m. Late fees will be assessed if the vacuum is not returned by 9:00 a.m. Vacuum cleaners are also available on a monthly rental basis.
- Borrow a moving dolly at no charge. You will need to bring your photo ID to check out the dolly. The same charges and time limits apply for dollies as vacuums.
- Borrow an apartment key to your apartment or mailbox. Keys may be checked out Monday through Friday and must be returned by 5:00 p.m. the same day. You will need to bring a photo ID to check out keys. A $1.00 charge per day will be assessed to your Student Account if the key is not returned promptly.
Wymount Terrace Office -
|Hours:||Monday - Friday (except legal holidays)
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Hours:||Monday - Saturday (except legal holidays)
7:00 a.m. to midnight
Furnishing & Appliances
Apartments include a family-sized refrigerator, stove & oven, garbage disposal, and blinds. Each apartment is equipped with wireless internet access.
Stoves in quads 1-6 and 16-17 are fueled by gas. Stoves in buildings 8-15 are electric.
If any appliance malfunctions, the problem should be reported immediately to Auxiliary Maintenance at 801-422-4411, where arrangements will be made to have the unit repaired. In some cases it may be necessary to take the appliance to the shop for repair. In this case, a temporary replacement will be left in the apartment until the appliance is repaired. You may not remove appliances from your apartment.
Student Family Housing is serviced by various laundromats. Each laundromat has standard-size washers and dryers, double-load washers and dryers, and two soak sinks.
The washers and dryers can be operated with coins or by using your Cougar Cash. Once your agreement begins, you will receive the discounted pricing shown below (pricing effective 6/20/2014):
|Wymount Terrace & Wyview Park||Cash Price||Cougar Cash
If you do not receive the discounted price when using your Cougar Cash, you must, within 30 days of the missed discount, provide a print out of your Cougar Cash account with the nondiscounted charge(s) highlighted to the Cougar Cash Office at 2310 WSC.
Laundry equipment and facilities are maintained daily by custodial and maintenance personnel. Any malfunctions or problems with the equipment should be reported to Auxiliary Maintenance at 801-422-4411 during business hours, Monday through Friday or by submitting a "Needs Repair" card located in the laundries to the Wymount Office. If the laundry machines malfunction and funds are taken from your Cougar Cash, you may contact the Cougar Cash Office at 801-422-3866 to receive a refund.
Do not leave items unattended at any time in the laundry facilities. BYU is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Parking & Transportation
Residents of Student Family Housing are required to register their cars online at police.byu.edu. Wymount Terrace residents have "Y" parking privileges and Wyview Park residents have "YR" parking privileges. Parking privileges are free of charge.
The BYU Traffic Office will register up to two vehicles per apartment. Visitors must use unnumbered stalls. No storage parking is available for trailers, recreational vehicles, or unregistered vehicles.
UTA bus stops are located near Wymount Terrace and Wyview Park. Visit the UTA website for bus pass information.
See the Parking & Trailers Guidelines for more information.
Recreation & Play Areas
Playground equipment is provided in the Student Family Housing areas. Parents allow children to play on these facilities at their own risk and agree to release BYU from any liability arising from the use of these facilities, even if it results from the negligence of BYU.
Wymount Terrace has a softball diamond located east of the Wymount Terrace Office building. In addition, Student Family Housing provides volleyball courts, basketball courts, picnic areas, and recreational lawn areas.
Locker facilities are available to Wymount Terrace residents. The lockers are at Wymount Terrace and a full-sized locker is $3.00 a month and measures 48 in. wide x 42 in. high x 24 in. deep. There are smaller lockers varying in dimensions for $2.00 a month. Charges will be posted on your university account and may be paid with your monthly rent. Basic locker rules are as follows:
- Lockers must be reserved through the Wymount Terrace Office (801-422-2549).
- Please do not put items in a locker unless it is tagged (by the office) with your name.
- Please do not store flammable liquids in the storage lockers.
- Items stored around the lockers will be removed and disposed of.
- You must provide your own lock and keep your locker locked at all times. Lockers without locks are subject to reassignment and the items are subject to disposal.
- You may only reserve one locker per apartment.
- If you need to get into the storage locker room, please contact the Community Aide in advance and arrange a time to meet with them. Tenants wishing to get into the locker immediately may not be able to do so.
- Please contact the Wymount Terrace Office if you stop using the locker. Lockers must be vacated by midnight of your move-out date as given in your termination notice. Lockers will be inspected the following day. Locks will be cut and items will be removed at owner's expense.
Large appliance storage is also available to Wymount Terrace residents. The storage is at Wymount Terrace for $1.00 per item per month. You may store items like washers and dryers and large BBQ's. With the exception of the storage cages and large appliance storage, no storage areas outside the apartments are provided.
Monthly rates include gas, water, sewer/refuse removal, IPTV* (not cable), and high-speed wireless internet connection. Telephone landlines are not available. If your TV is not compatible with IPTV, you will need to rent a set top box for a nominal monthly fee from the Office of Information Technology (it.byu.edu). Tenants are responsible for electricity.
*Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) is a system through which television services are delivered using an Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as the Internet, instead of being delivered through traditional satellite signals and cable television formats.